Hosting a Panel / Workshop Rules
Want to participate in our events programming lineup? We welcome both industry members and fans to present panels and workshops at Animangapop.
Would you like to host a panel or workshop at Animangapop? Then we’ve got you covered! Each year Animangapop does it’s best to to bring you the best content from the wider Community, and we are proud to host exciting and entertaining panels which connect all fans and attendee’s to our shows.
From long-standing panellists to up-and-coming fresh talent, we welcome all to be part of Animangpop’s exciting and diverse community programming!
Do you want to bring a special guest for your panel? Contact us for more information on how to participate as an Industry Appearance! Apply today and be part of the excitement! Keep reading for more info!
- Panels: A ‘Panel’ type event that’s hosted by attendees is typically a presentation or discussion between the host and audience. For instance, many attendee panelists enjoy hosting their panels while in cosplay, often roleplaying their character while they interact with the crowd. Industry panel events often introduce or announce information about their upcoming projects, as well as feature Q&A sessions with the creative staff and/or voice actors.
- Workshops: A ‘Workshop’ type event is focused on teaching the audience something. For example, past workshops have taught attendees how to play traditional taiko drums, create props for cosplay, and various techniques for model making. Workshop-specific rooms include tables for attendees to utilize. We encourage attendees to come and share their knowledge with others!
Below is a list of equipment that comes standard with a panel or workshop room. Any additional items must be requested in the application phase. However, please note that these requested items are not guaranteed to be available. Please be sure to plan accordingly.
- 2 – 3 Wired Microphones
- Projector and Screen(s)
- HDMI and VGA hookups for audio/video
- Blu-Ray Player (Note: Copyrighted material may not be playable due to HDCP protection.)
- Tables (if in a workshop room)
New panel applications will not be accepted during Animangapop.
To cancel a panel, simply submit a notice of cancellation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than one month prior to the event.
If a panel is cancelled, then Animangapop may fill that empty slot with another panel from the waitlist. The scheduling of Panels during each Animangapop event is done solely for the purpose of filling in a time slot after a cancellation.
In order to be considered for a replacement for a cancellation, prospective panelist or workshop hosts must have already completed Step 1 no later than Jan 15th, 2022 (date subject to change) and received a confirmation of their addition to the wait list.
Only those who have been placed on the wait list and applied before the panel application deadline will be considered for replacing a canceled panel.
If you are planning to film your panel, please carefully review the information below:
The following information may be subject to change.
Bonus content for home release (DVD/Blu-Ray)
Concurrent live-stream (outside of any Animangapop Live-stream)
Television broadcast for non-press related reason (i.e. variety show, documentary, etc…)
The following provisions must be met in order to finalise a filming location agreement and be permitted to capture footage of your panel:
Proof of insurance by providing your certificate of insurance for liability, property damage insurance, and media liability insurance
- More information is available in the Filming Location Agreement. Please reach out to email@example.com for more information
Footage of assigned Exhibitor space*
Footage captured outside Animangapop event areas.
Event Recaps, Highlights, Still Photography, Social Media Stories.